Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page Click here for the Home Page

Collection Details


Collection Name: George G. Evans Family Papers and Supplement
Repository Name: University of Delaware. Library. Special Collections Department [Repository Details]
Repository Location: Newark, Delaware, United States
URL: http://www.lib.udel.edu/ud/spec/findaids/evans_gg.htm
Description: The George G. Evans Family Papers and Supplement, spanning dates from 1717 – 1937, contain a vast number of documents revealing the historic business accounts and legal affairs of the town of Newark, Delaware, and some of its major institutions, including Newark Academy, Delaware College (University of Delaware), the First Presbyterian Church, and the Welsh Tract Baptist Church. Both George Gillespie Evans and his son Charles Black Evans served as Newark Town Commissioners, inspectors for the Newark Board of Health, secretary and treasurer of Delaware College, and trustees of Newark Academy and the First Presbyterian Church of Newark. In addition, Charles B. Evans served as legal counsel for the town and the Welsh Tract Baptist Church.
Broad Subjects: Relationships; Geography; History
ASP Subjects: Delaware; Delaware--History; Evans family; Family farms--Delaware; Family--History; Letters; Newark, DE; United States
Collection Code: OHC0004774